Atomic Endpoint Defender Support Guide¶
AED Standard Support Methods¶
Standard Support business hours are 7AM to 7PM, US Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, excluding US federal holidays.
- Email: The simplest and easiest way to get support is to send email to: email@example.com
- Support Portal : Use the portal to open a new case, report a bug, or search the documentation and knowledge base.
- License Manager : Use the License Manager to control your subscriptions.
- Wiki and Documentation: The Wiki is an open documentation platform to supplement the knowledge base and also to provide an area for members of the AED community to add their own support documentation, customizations and other information regarding our products. The Wiki is open to any registered user.
- Frequently Asked Questions Guide: Every question you could possibly ask has been documented in the FAQ wiki.
- Knowledge Base : Atomicorp Knowledge Base and product documentation search.
- Atomicorp Forums : Public forums for Atomicorp customers.
- Announcements Mailing List : For product release announcements, Company News, and Errata.
Atomicorp Support Portal¶
- The Atomicorp Support Portal : allows you to access all your cases, bugs, newsletters, and the knowledge base for all Atomicorp products.
The portal allows customers to setup multiple support accounts for their personnel, therefore it uses a different system from the Atomicorp product download manager. Your login credentials for installing AED will not work to log into the support portal so just select the New user? Please register option under the support portal login screen.
Portal accounts are setup by our support team to ensure that requests for access to an account are valid, and also to set the support parameters for a given customer. Therefore if you request access to the support portal it may take some time for a member of the support team to review the request and set up the account. Also, make sure you fill out your email address with any support portal access request. We can not send you your login credentials without it!
AED Extended Support Methods¶
Phone support is also provided to Extended Support contract holders. Please review your contract details for phone numbers and your account representatives information.
If you wish to purchase extended support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
AED Support Levels¶
AED Support is currently available in two forms:
- AED Standard Support, which comes with all AED subscriptions. Standard Support is available from 9AM to 5PM EST, Monday - Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Atomicorp Support Portal and E-mail support during standard support hours.
AED Extended Support
- AED Extended Support, which offers longer support hours, priority suuport, and off hour support. For more information about extended support, please contact our sales department at email@example.com
AED Extended Support includes:
- Access to the Atomicorp Support Portal
- E-Mail Support
- Priority Support
- Phone Support
24/7 Support is available to customers with extended support contracts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- New: The case is submitted to Customer Support, and is waiting for an initial action.
- Assigned: The case has been assigned to a customer support representative, and investigation will being shortly.
- In Progress: The case has been assigned to a customer support representative, and investigation into the issue is beginning.
- Pending Internal Input: The customer support representative is consulting with a colleague for the next step in resolving your case. When additional information is available to share with you the status of the case will change, and information will be added to your case at that time.
- Pending External Input: The customer support representative is awaiting an action by the customer contact in order to proceed with the next step in resolving your case.
Close (various situations, see below)
- Resolved: A solution has been provided for your case. If the provided solution does not satisfy your needs, please submit a Note through Support Portal to re-open the case.
- No Response: The customer support representative has been unable to reach the customer contact. You may submit a Note through Support Portal to re-open the case at a later time.
- Defect: A product defect, or bug, has been submitted as a result of this case. The status and progress of the bug can be tracked through Bug Portal.
- Feature Request: A product feature request has been submitted as a result of this case. The status and progress of the bug can be tracked through Bug Portal.
- Update Available: An Update is available for this issue. Please see the case notes for any specific actions that should be taken to install this update.
- Fix Available in Next Release: An fix will be available for this issue in the next official release of the software.
- Not Repeatable: It was not possible to recreate this issue by either the customer or the support representative.
- Pending Confirmation: A solution has been provided for your case. However, the customer support representative is awaiting final confirmation of the solution from the customer before fully closing the case.
- Re-Opened: A case that was previously marked with a Closed status has been re-opened by customer request.
- Duplicate: Another case has been submitted for the same customer, and that case will be treated as the case of record. Please reference the Status Summary field for the other case tracking number.
- Rejected: This case has been rejected as an invalid case by a customer support representative. The reason for the rejected status will be referenced in the Status Summary field.